During the 87th Geneva International Motor Show, Italdesign and Airbus presented Pop.Up, a modular ground and air passenger concept vehicle system to relieve the traffic congestion in megacities of the future. It is a vehicle which can operate both on the ground and in the air.
People will have the possibility to call it on demand through an app. The ‘car’ has a capsule based design, which can be attached to a ground- or air conveyance module.
Some characteristics of this self-driving flying car are:
- Artificial Intelligence platform to manage the mobility system
- Different commuting options
- Realtime booking & payment
- Shared, electric and fully autonomous vehicles
- Capsules consist of fully connected, virtual interface
- Modularity: capsules can be connected with ground or air modules
- Zero emission vehicles
The car is still a concept, but it gives a nice sneak peak into the transportation possibilities of the future.